poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Raypak 2100 - will not light - can hear the spark but will

Customer Question

raypak 2100 - will not light - can hear the spark but will not light
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Do you have a multi-meter to test voltage?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no
Expert:  Rick replied 11 months ago.

Ok then the only thing you can do is check if there is gas to the pilot. To do that you need to disconnect the pilot tubing at the gas control valve while the igniter is arcing. You don't usually have to completely disconnect it. Once the nut is pretty loose you can usually smell if you have gas there. It's only a small amount of gas so don't worry nothing will blow up. The pilot tubing is the small diameter aluminum tubing connected to the gas valve.