poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

We have a Four Winds Spa (looks similar to the

Customer Question

We have a Four Winds Spa (looks similar to the Tropical/Cozumel but a little older version as our controls only have the 3 buttons – Jets, Temp & Lights.
Model name: Key West
Serial Number 0707-4735
Our spa is only maintaining temperature at 95 degrees and is running constant (thinking it is trying to warm to the 102 temp programmed).
Can you advise if there is a trouble shooting idea we can look at based on experience you have had? We have confirmed power feed is at full strength.
My husband did shut off the tub to reset the programming and took out the filter to run spa & check waterflow issue. No change in temp after 2 hrs.
Temperature is maintaining at 95 degrees.
Last night I turned it off, waited 30 minutes and then re-programmed everything. I checked it after 2.5 hrs and it was at 97 degrees but this morning was back at 95 degrees.
With meter, confirmed 230 volts going to the copper straps.
A little history, last week the spa did not shut off over a 2 day period. Temperature was set at 102 and was heated to 102. I lowered the heat to 95 to see if the spa pump would shut off and it did. I then raised the temp back to 102 degrees. This is when temp started to lower and now stays at 95. Do you think the heater? Or thermostat? Does it have a thermostat? Reset?
Thank you for any assistance and knowledge!
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 11 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Cole. I see your asking about spas and I think I can help as I have over 10 years of experience.

Expert:  Cole replied 11 months ago.

If it was me i would tend to think its the thermostat. I would tend to think its a manual dial type theremistat? If it is than i would try and replace that first. If this tub is controlled by a digital topside then let me know. Sometimes you can replace one probe and sometimes they want you to replace both at the same time. (only on digital topside units)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Cole, I will have my husband open the tub control area tonight. Do you have a picture of what this would look like? Or where it would be located? The digital topside, is that on the heater? Control pad on the hot tub itself? I just want to be sure I am talking about the right thing. Sorry, this is a bit out of our wheelhouse but willing to take pictures etc if that helps! I appreciate your time! Our local spa store says they can't come for a service call until November 30th! Too busy I guess..
Expert:  Cole replied 11 months ago.

Sounds like you have a control panel up top where you can adjust the temperature?

If so get the model number of the control box underneath i would tend to think its a sensor error. We can try and clean the pins on the sensor if we know where there located, if that does not work we can change out the senors.