Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work
64367226

I have a small leak in my softball, Softub and don't know

Customer Question

I have a small leak in my softball
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Softub and don't know how to find it
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully but if it's past my skill level
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: that is my only issue
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Long time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a S low leak
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Strange....it will not let me offer a phone call. The issue is likely the union at the motor. You would have to loosen tie downs and lift the cover to access it. Have you removed any of the cover to investigate the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Turns out I was able to send the phone call option. It is not leaking from the union? Have you removed the cover?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I there is a seam issue or pin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pin prick
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

The leak is in the cover?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The leak is in the tub. It is either a pin prick of a seam issue how do I find it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of should be or
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

You would lift the cover to see if you can find the general area of the leak from the outside. Have you done that?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Also if the water is very still you will see a bubble form where the leak is on the inside.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not see any bubbles. I know the general area based on where the water is butter is it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Auto correct sucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you familiar with softub?
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Yes and a leak in the liner is often very hard to locate. You have to watch for a very long time to find the bubble and where it is leaking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok If that is all you got then have a good night
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

It will help to know where the general area is. Just settle in with some light and watch for a little bubble to form. It will but it will take some time.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

You have a great night too.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 10 months ago.

I see you still have not positively rated my service. Although the only way that I get paid is when my service is positively rated, it also tells me that you have not received the information that you were seeking to find a solution to your issue. Will you let me know what affect the information I provided had on the issue at hand and how else I may be able to help?