Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have an Aqualink RS. I am trying to change the channel for

Customer Question
I have an Aqualink RS...
I have an Aqualink RS. I am trying to change the channel for the PDA. When I set ther channel on the PDA and then slide the learn button on the jbox the red light continues to flash only and the "learn" never takes place. Any advice
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It has been a day and a half - any update? Not a good first impression!!!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
34;Welcome to JustAnswer, the best way to talk to a doctor, lawyer, vet, mechanic and more in minutes, 24/7. Pool and Spa Experts are currently reviewing your question and will respond shortly. ""Experts are reviewing your question. You'll get a response here and by email - often in 10 minutes or less and always within a day."Two days and counting!!!! Any update???????????
Answered in 2 days by:
9/27/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. I am sorry your question has sat for so long unanswered.

I located this information for you let me know if it helps?

first, you'll want to try changing the channels on the controller. To do this, hold the up and down arrow on the controller for 5 seconds. You'll see the display show you the number channel you're currently on. At this point, use a screwdriver to open up the jbox. You should leave it connected to the Aqualink RS power center. Once you have it open, flip the switch entitled "LEARN" to the ON position, then press the reset button. You should see some blinking inside the jbox. Change the channel on the controller using the up and down arrows. Any channel will do. Once this is done, you'll see the light inside the jbox turn solid. Turn "LEARN" to the off position, and hit the reset button inside the jbox. This will reset the connection.

If this does not work for you, turn the power off completely to your power center at the breakers. Open your power center and flip down the front board. On the back of this board you'll have a 9v or CR2032 battery. Replace this with a new battery. Make sure that when you pull the existing battery out, you allow a minimum of 30 seconds to pass before putting a new battery inside. Close the power center and turn power back on.

If the issue persists, you may have a failed front board, the RS485 connection can be bad on either end, the wires can be bad, etc. Typically, changing the channel and/or replacing the battery will resolve the issue. Good luck!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well - let's see - I just paid $25 for a Google answer. The above is simply the first step anyone would take in troubleshooting this problem. I indicated that the issue was with the Jbox not learning the PDA and that the lights were not flashing (remained red) after the learn switch was set. Of course I can buy all new equipment (controller and Jbox). If that was the answer and it came across as definitive from an "expert" then I would have no problem paying for that. But someone who claims to be a reparer (repairer) and works in maitenace (maintenance) does not project themselves as an expert.

As had stated in my response that I had found some information for you. I saw you had replied asking for an expert multiple times and basically I wanted to try and assist if I could since nobody else had picked your question up. Your funds remain on your account until you are satisfied. I was not paid for my response. Would you like me to have your question cancelled and refunded for you?

poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company