Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

Please see what I've typed in the previous window to your

Customer Question
automatic messenger...
Please see what I've typed in the previous window to your automatic messenger
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
9/16/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer

I am sorry but your original question is not showing do you mind to tell me what is going on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately, I've got an appointment that I have to leave for in five minutes. I can't wait to have you answer and then implement the answer...
How may I more easily contact you online (no phone call) ??

Well when you get back from your appointment I can be here when you are ready. Right now I dont even know what the problem is yet.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My Hayward pump SP3400VSP and the digital control SPX 3400LCD...I noticed it wasn't working. pressed speed #3 (or any other speed as well) and the pump kind of "chugs" very briefly once, then the "check system" light comes on. I check it and the error signal says "offline HVA-10-44-01-59-8E" and "pump stalled 4 days ago".

Indicates that the drive has lost control over motor shaft rotation, or that the drive was not able to start the motor after 3 attempts. Motor connections to drive should be verified.

This is what that error means.

http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/EcoStar.pdf

Trouble shooting starts on page 31

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How in the world would i check the motor connections to the drive?
This isn't a nice easy "reset" kind of electrical problem?

Its not unfortunately but you can see how to remove the motor assembly on page 26 of the diagram I provided you. Please do not rate negatively based on this information I am doing my best to assist you just sometimes its not always a unplug and plug up or push a button situation. If you find this information please rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from following up with me and if you have any more questions I am here to assist.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How about I rate when we are done? Isn't that how it's supposed to be done?

That is totally fine. So did you see the instructions on page 31 for removing the motor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've got the manual, where would you begin? Which connection would you check first?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can do that easily. I will do it and let you know through this medium we're now using.

Motor Will NOT Start:

1.Make sure the terminal board connections agree with the wiring diagram on the pump data plate label.

2.Be sure the pump is wired for the available field supply voltage (230VAC).

3.Check for and correct any improper or loose wiring connections; open switches or relays; tripped circuit breakers, or blown fuses.

4.Manually check the rotation of the motor shaft for free movement and lack of obstruction. Correct if necessary

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This pump has been operating perfectly for over one year.
Any guesses as to what to check first?

Have you taken the pump off yet? If not how about we try turning the unit off at the breaker for at least a full minute and then turning it back on to see what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already did that. Same result.
I'll need another 20 min. or so to get the pump off..

Thats fine I am here.

While you are taking it off make sure to see if there are any lose cords because that could end up being your problem.

I was wondering how it was going since I haven't heard back from you yet?

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Reparer