Poolservice123
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
67374415

Thank you - - I have a DE Filter and just cleaned the grids

Customer Question

Thank you - My name is ***** ***** I have a DE Filter and just cleaned the grids and have noticed DE powder in my pool - what is that indicating?
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: A local contractor - the pool is about 15 years old at this point
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I dont think so
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 10 months ago.

This is indicative of a small tear in the DE grids if it continues to come in. Sometimes after cleaning DE gets into the area that it can enter a pool but is gone after vac'd out. DE grids (fabric parts) need to be replaced periodically. If they are baggy it is indicating that too much pressure was on them at some point (if newer) or they could be old. The smallest tear will let DE into the pool. I am assuming that you have had the filter for a while and are adding the correct amount.