poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Hayward pool heater h100idl lites for 15 seconds than stops

Customer Question

Hayward pool heater h100idl lites for 15 seconds than stops an lites again 15 seconds
JA: Who manufactured the pool?
Customer: hayward
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The first thing to try is to clean off the ignitor electrodes which double as a flame sensor. Steel wool is best or a green ScotchBrite pad. You can use fine aluminum oxide sandpaper in a pinch. If that doesn't work check all your electrical connections. Beyond that you'll need a multi meter to do some voltage testing.