Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician
Experience:  Proven Professional 48 years Experience
29848548

I have two low voltage 300 Watt LED pool lights that

Customer Question

I have two low voltage 300 Watt LED pool lights that constantly cycle through colors and one of them recently started flickering when changing certain colors.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mike Good and I'll be assisting you. The color change and flickering is caused by a bad connection on the circuit powering the lights. LEDs change color depending on the applied voltage and flickering is the result of arcing at a connection.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok so the way I have the 2 hooked up is they each go to their own 12 volt transformer (which then has an outlet plug) and then both are connected to one dusk till dawn timer than plugs into one outlet.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 10 months ago.

Check the outlet connections. Wires should be terminated under screws. Single major cause of this type of problem is wire connections using pushback terminations.