garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 27 years Repairing Pool & Spa Equipment,Gas Heaters,& Whirlpool Bath Tubs. Certified by many Pool & Spa Manufacturers.
64048604

I have a 2006 Sundance Bahia spa. Came back from vacation

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Sundance Bahia spa. Came back from vacation two weeks ago and the panel was dead. Display only read 88 dregees. Unable to turn on pumps, adjust temp or even turn on the interior light. Was told I needed a new board. I replaced the board and pumps run, temp is adjustable, interior light works bu after running for about 20 minutes I get the dreaded FLO2 error. I can watch the flow valve open and close when the pumps run.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No suggestions?
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your spa.

Do you have the 780 series for your 2006 Bahia spa?

If so, "a flashing FL 2 display means the flow switch is malfunctioning closed".

Just to be sure I'm on the same page with you, are you seeing the little flag inside the flow switch being pushed up against the post

when the circ. pump is running? If so, do you then see the little flag move away from the post when the circ. pump is off?

This is important to know so I can give you accurate info. when helping troubleshoot your spa. Please post your response here when you can, and when I sign back on I will continue with helping you on this. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the flag moves into closed position with the pumps running and then opens when the flow is shut off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the 780 Bahia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyone else who can take this question? I don't want to have to wait till late in the evening for a response.

If you like, I will opt out and leave this question open for some one else. We are all on here at different times throughout the day, so there is no way of knowing when you will get a response. Hopefully you can get some one to help you at an earlier time. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I left the power on the spa overnight with the FL2 error and today I received the "----" error. Nothing is responsive unless I pull the power and reset.

------

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the display now shows four dashes. I had to leave for the weekend so I disconnected the power. I assume when I power the unit up again I will get the FL2 error. Let's hope.

When you power the spa back on, if you do get the FL2 code to show on the display, unplug the flow switch from the board, and see what is now shown on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll let you know the outcome tomorrow night when I return. Thx.