poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

We have a Master Spa Sts 2002. We're getting a low flow

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Master Spa Sts 2002. We're getting a low flow error and the spa will not heat up. We have replaced the heating element, pressure switch and the circulation pump. The error is still there! Any other ideas for us, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you- Stephanie
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stephanie, I’m Cole. I see you’re asking about spas – I think I can help you, as I have over 10 years of experience in this area and glad to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That would be great.
Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

Is the low flow message on currently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

Is the filter or filters currently in the spa? How old are they?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are in the spa and they're in good condition. The error came with the filters in and out of the spa. We tried both ways.
Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

have you taken the filters out and reset the power (off at least 30 seconds or more) if so how long will the pump run before it kicks back into low flow?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we've done that. The message appears right away.
Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like your on the right track :) lets try and do this with a few more questions. Do you have access to a multi-meter? Are you comfortable with small electrical work.

Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

Does the pump move water when this code is coming up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water is moving. The only issue is not heating due to the error code. Comfortable with small electrical work but we don't have a multi-meter.
Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

That is OK we will try first without one. Is this one pump or two? If two is the circulation pump smaller than the other pump? Is the heating element and pressure switch located in a long cylindrical tube?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 pumps. The circulation pump is smaller and the heating element and pressure switch are in the tube.
Expert:  Cole replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. So use extreme caution around electricity. The next thing i would do (with power off) is jump the wires together from the pressure switch there usually is only two so easy to just wire nut them together or a little electrical tape (only with two wire to pressure switch). then turn the power back on to see if this error goes away. And while were talking about this pressure switch does it have a dial for adjusting usually between 1-5 psi? if you don't know check it while your jumping the switch. Its important to keep an eye on the tub make sure your pump is moving water through the heater line, any shut off valves in line are on all the way open. This device your going to bypass is there to protect the tub from dry firing or and damaging the tub so we don't want leave it this way and want to make sure you have water in the heater tube and circulating before you do this.