poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I had my in-ground 10,000 gallon pool re-plastered just

Customer Question

I had my in-ground 10,000 gallon pool re-plastered just about three months ago. Now, I have several problems. I cannot get the hardness out of the water. Testing suggests that I add a quart of Scale, Metal & Stain Control. I have done this eight times since May; including 1 quart per day for the last three days. Still I cannot get the test reading to shift from 500. Also, I have had to use 6lbs of Stabilizer; shock the pool several times per week and keep on trying to raise the pH level. I have had to supplement the chlorine tablets in my automatic feeder by adding chlorine granules directly via the skimmer and also upgrade the chlorine tablets to tablets which contain stabilizer, simply to maintain Total and Free Chlorine levels at 1. Meanwhile, the water has become quite cloudy but I wanted to achieve some balance before adding clarifier or flocculant.The pool maintenance was virtually painless for the last 10 years but it has become impossible since the re-plastering.Can you suggest the cause of these problems and, hopefully, a remedy?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Wade. I am not a pool guy, but I noticed you haven't been helped. I'm going to post a link to a website that has helped me with my pool. I hope it helps you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the link. I'm sure it will be useful when I get my problems solved. Meanwhile, I'm going to repeat the question and hope that someone specialized can help.
Expert:  WCohn replied 1 year ago.

No need I'll opt out and get you to the head of the line.