Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

2005 caldera cumberlin spa- will not operate. control panel…

Customer Question
2005 caldera cumberlin spa- will...
2005 caldera cumberlin spa- will not operate. control panel is good, heater has been replaced (because it would stop and start heating randomly) but that wasn't it. lites on control panel would flash-3 dots, then it stopped working all together. The breaker box is working too. Any ideas what may be causing this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
7/27/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your spa.

Shut off spa at the breaker. Remove the filter and return power back to the spa.

Set spa for heat, and check if flashing dots disappear from display. If they do and spa starts heating, cleaning or replace filter.

Please post your findings here. Thank you.

we've already tried that and it didn't work. I just spent more money on a dead horse.
when it's turned on, nothing happens or lites up.
the filter is brand new, no chance at all of it being clogged.

Then you will need to check the Pressure switch to be sure it is closing when the pump is running.

Do you have a multimeter to troubleshoot your spa?

no multimeter and the pressure switch crossed my mind but we never replaced that part. I keep ordering parts (non-refundable) only to find that we still haven't resolved the problem.

I completely understand why you would be frustrated with that method.

This is the reason we troubleshoot, so you can find what the actual cause is, instead of just ordering parts, as that can get very expensive.

Without having a meter, there is no way to know if the spa has the proper voltages necessary for it to run.

I will op out. This way your question will go back on to the board so another tech can see it, with the hopes they may have a way for you to troubleshoot your spa some other way.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you.