Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor
Experience:  I am licensed General & Electrical contractor for more then 35 years with 40 years experience in the construction industry.
76133288

I have two 1.5 horsepower Hayward pumps servicing a 55,000

Customer Question

I have two 1.5 horsepower Hayward pumps servicing a 55,000 gal pool. After a vacuuming the pool, the pumps lost suction but ran for several hours, water became extremely hot. Now I can't get the suction to start. similar to air leak. but I have changed hoses and when introducing water into the water basket it does pump it out.
What am I looking for?
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Papatrexas replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is and I will be happy to assist you.

​What basket you referring to?

Expert:  Papatrexas replied 1 year ago.

Or you referring to the pump basket?

Expert:  Papatrexas replied 1 year ago.

If is the pump basket you referring to then it sounds like priming is in order if you haven't done it already.