Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

Coast spa 3 dots. checked continuity across pressure switch

Customer Question

coast spa 3 dots. checked continuity across pressure switch shows open. pump one will not turn on it tries then shuts of
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: coast spa 3 dots. checked continuity across pressure switch shows open. pump one will not turn on it tries then shuts off. tried removing filter and by passing pressure switch
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopfully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

The three dots is a watchdog error code due to no flow of water. The pump in question is the issue. If the pump is not coming on but it has proper voltage (220) to the back of the motor then the pump motor is bad and you need to replace it. Once you replace the motor you should be fine.