Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have a masterspa LX 1050 and just replaced the Topside

Customer Question
Hi I have a masterspa...
Hi I have a masterspa LX 1050 and just replaced the Topside control panel but am getting a dyr error message to reset but cannot seem to get it to reset. although we shut power down a couple of times. Tub not heating. What could it be now?
JA: Has this happened before?
Customer: Hi No.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on how complicated it is.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Tub has a electric box nearby and a separate set of circuit breakers inside the house.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/25/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Mike R., Plumber replied 1 year ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Have you recently filled the spa? Replaced filters?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just before we changed the top side control panel we did a seasonal cleaning that entailed emptying the tub and cleaning the filters. We only used the tub about 7 times last season.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Tub was refilled as well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not interested in paying any more till I get some answers.
Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the answer is?

Sorry for the delay. I was not online again until now. There is likely just air trapped and causing air lock. Have you released any air from the motor unions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How is that done and why did it happen?

Did the problem happen after filling or did it run fine after filling and then start to have an issue?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The tub was cleaned and filled then we put the part on.we replaced the topside control panel because the controls were not working. Once we put the new panel on heaters have not heated the tub. The code is dyr and the manual says it needs to be reset. Not sure how to do that.Tried turning electric box and breakers off and on but no change. What s next?

First try running without the filter to see if that will push any air out. Place the filter in the tub so that it soaks while doing this. That will soak the filter and remove any air trapped in the filter. If that does not get it going then loosen the union on the motor enough that it lets the air trapped out. It will hiss then turn to a trickle of water. That should get it going then tighten the union and replace the filter.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mike,
I get the filter removal. But what and where is the is the motor union?

The piping for the pump motor has unions on it for servicing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still trying to get what the unions are?

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No.
nothing u said worked and you failed to derinemotor unions

Did you see the link I sent?

Mike R.
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber