Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

Ok I have a leak coming from the bottom front of the spa ,I

Customer Question
Ok I have a leak...
Ok I have a leak coming from the bottom front of the spa ,I think I need to remove the wood skirting to look for it.
JA: How old is it? And how long has it been leaking?
Customer: It's old I bought it used in 2000 I think it's about 25 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It started leaking couple years ago I haven't used it since
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'd like to try to do it myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/24/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Papatrexas, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to JustAnswers. My name is and I will be happy to assist you with your question.

Removing the skirt--Yes that will give us a good idea as to where is leaking from

Do that and let me know so as to assist you further with what to repair

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok .well I'm not sure how to remove the skirt as it has no visible screws or anything.

Can i have a picture so i see what you have?

Or a model or some this to go on

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wel I'm not home right now it's a Seven Seas Spa with a wood skirting all around an older Spa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll have to send a picture in several hours after I get home

Grate that works.......I will wait for pictures

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

Yes i got them

I see a door can you see inside for any sings of leaking?

Or how about a good clear picture of the controls behind the door?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No you can't the water is leaking out on the other side towards the bottom
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm thinking the only way to find it is to remove the wood skirt or stand it up and look on the bottom to see what I can see
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just don't know for sure what to do
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The controls have nothing to do with the leak

I got it.

sins I dint know where the leak was coming from

Can i get a model number please maybe?

If where to look inside behind the panels itself do you see bracket of some kind holding the panels in place

sins this panels are interlocking see what is holding them together

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah ok I'll look can't find model number its an old seven seas spa.

If you look inside behind the panels itself do you see bracket of something holding the panels in place?

Sins this panels are interlocking see what is holding them to the frame down the bottom and let me know

Papatrexas
Papatrexas
Papatrexas, General Contractor