Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

I have a raypak 2100 series Nat. Gas nheater Replaced

Customer Question
I have a raypak 2100...
I have a raypak 2100 series Nat. Gas nheater
Replaced thermopile
Pilot light lights held for 3 min the meter says 400 mv let off pilot goes out .what is wrong
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
6/20/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

400 mV should be enough to hold the pilot valve open once you release the knob/button. The fact that the pilot goes out would indicate a problem with the gas valve. It will probably need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I use any universal gas valve millivolt and 200000 BTU
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it must be a standing pilot

Yes you can use any universal millivolt valve as long as it has that BTU capacity and the tappings in and out are big enough (most come with bushings to reduce the size if needed) . They are all standing pilot.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK can you find me cheap ones
Also there's different speed valves
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK new gas valve installed along with new thermopile
The main burner lit for a while maybe 10min but went out pilot light is working
Checked mv only had 380mv
This probaly isn't enough correct what

380 mV is borderline but should still be enough to keep it running. More likely one of the devices in the thermostat circuit is shutting the unit down. You need to jump out each device (temp sensors, flow switch,etc) one at a time and see if the unit runs when one of them is jumped out. If it does then that device is the culprit. It's also possible the device is functioning normally and you need to correct the issue that's causing it to shut the unit down

Rick
Rick
Rick, General Contractor