Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

My spa has a waterfall into my pool. it had a weak flow so i

Customer Question

my spa has a waterfall into my pool. it had a weak flow so i had a company come out and the tech hydroflushed the line. after he left the flow was better but now my spa drains about 2 feet just below the return valve when the pump turns off. i thought it might be the check valve so i replaced it. the issue is still happening and i am not sure why. i bought a dye kit and have no leaks around the jets in the spa but when i shot dye around the return valves in the spa is sucked up the dye. not sure if thats normal or not. had the same tech come out and he cannot figure it out. told me i most likely had an underground leak. the orginal issue was not draining it was a clog somewhere. He says a hydroflush is not powerful enough to break anything. not sure what to test now?thanks,NF
JA: How old is it? And how long has it been leaking?
Customer: 15 years old and started about 3 weeks ago after he blew the line
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what the issue it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i think the description above is the best description of the issues. thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no response yet
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me if you are losing water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Today I filled the pool and spa and then shut off the breaker turning the pump off. Shut all the return valves and after about 1 hour the spa lost about 3 feet of water just below the return valve. Think I have a leak in a pipe going underground to the pump. What do you think?
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

you are correct...and a pretty serious leak.

You will need to find this..even though it will be a pain...