How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Poolservice123 Your Own Question
Poolservice123, CPO, CPI, CBP
Category: Pool and Spa
Satisfied Customers: 489
Experience:  40+ yrs, NSPF Instructor, NC Licensed SwimPool Contractor
Type Your Pool and Spa Question Here...
Poolservice123 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a water feature built into the pools step, when

Customer Question

I have a water feature built into the pools step, when turned on bubbles up with water. I'm pretty sure its 1.5". what type of fitting am I looking for to connect to it to have it turn into an umbrella type feature? it almost looks like something that slides into it and has 2 nipples at 180 degrees from each other
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, nobody has answered my question

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would you happen to know what it is that i might need or what i can do to make this feature work?

Expert:  Poolservice123 replied 1 year ago.

I believe what you have is a Hayward SP14311. This is a jet fitting normally placed in the pool steps. The blue plastic piece in pool may be missing (it usually is) but the fitting has a tube that comes up next to it on the deck. The tube nozzle is turned to allow air into the jet to give a spa type effect. The cap is part number : spx1430z1a and is called "cap bushing kit". If this is not what you have (only the cap is visible on the deck) I would need a picture. I have uploaded a picture of the entire fitting used. And a pic of the cap bushing replacement pieces.

Related Pool and Spa Questions