Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

MY MARQUIS SPA 545 NO LONGER HEATS, THE LIGHT COMES ON THE

Customer Question
PUMPS RUN BUT WATER IS...
MY MARQUIS SPA 545 NO LONGER HEATS, THE LIGHT COMES ON THE PUMPS RUN BUT WATER IS ONLY 85
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Y MARQUIS SPA 545 NO LONGER HEATS, THE LIGHT COMES ON THE PUMPS RUN BUT WATER IS ONLY 85
JA: Is there anything else the Pool Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have replaced the filters
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
5/4/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: tomen99, Handyman replied 1 year ago
tomen99
tomen99, Handyman
First you will need to find the heating element and check for voltage when it should be heating. Next you will need to turn the power of and disconnect the wires and run an ohm check from the two heater connections. Be careful when working with live electricity and let me know the results so I can further assist you.
tomen99
tomen99
tomen99, Handyman