Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

Have a 1 week old Dimension One spa, kids used it and was a

Customer Question
mess and needed to be...
Have a 1 week old Dimension One spa, kids used it and was a mess and needed to be shocked and sanitizer. I though I should then rinse off the filters. Shut the spa off at he GFI and pulled and rinsed the filters and replaced them. Turned power back on and there was no heat to the hot tub.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
4/30/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Steve G., Handyman replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Handyman
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. I need to gather some more information from you in order to help. You say there is no heat? How are you determining this? I assume the pumps are running?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All pumps are functioning. 2 main jet pumps and osone is working. The only thing is the small outlet that adds hot water flow seams low and not hot
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
All was working prior to turning power off to the spa and rinsing filters
Hi again. I'm sorry I was offline for an hour. Does your control panel have a heat LED that illuminates when t he heat is on?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
doesn't have a heat led but the text reads heating to 104 when the thermostat is adjusted up to that and if I reduce it below the current temp it says cooling. It is a Dimension One California spa
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also not errors noted in the error log
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No errors noted in the error log
Ok, so if you put the cover on and let it run, it does not heat?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
under warranty, just a week old, they did some changes of software and will service if not working further. Was wanting a solution earlier than they opened for my daughters sake. Thanks for your time but this problem is specific to Dimension one software settings.
If it is under warranty then get them out there to look at it. Had it not been we would have done a little troubleshooting under the hood.Good luck.
poolguy810
poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company