tomen99
tomen99, Handyman
Experience:  Certified pool operator and maintenance supervisor
63148040

I have a nu wave spa which quit heating. I replaced the heating element .The element gets

Customer Question

i have a nu wave spa which quit heating. I replaced the heating element .The element gets hot when the motor is un plugged. (flow sensor bypassed) with motor running it still shows 220 volts feeding the element but water stays cold. Ive ran it three days and nights with no results. leroy (*****@******.***)
r is un plugged
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  tomen99 replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried jumping the flow sensor with motor running to see if the heat works then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the flow sensor has been bypassed. It had worked okay as such before and then quit heating. I replaced the heating element with a new one but still does not heat up. I have resistance through the element but not sure what the ohm reading should be?? weird case of trouble I must say.
Expert:  tomen99 replied 1 year ago.
Ohm should be watts/ voltage of the element.