Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have an intellitouch connected to an Intelliflo 4 x 160.

Customer Question
It worked fine for 6+...
I have an intellitouch connected to an Intelliflo 4 x 160. It worked fine for 6+ years. Recently the intelliflo does not respond to signals to turn on from the intellitouch either based on time program, manually turning on "Pool" (meaning pump) or freeze control signal telling it to turn on. Strangely, if I turn on my pool cleaner, that does start the pump as a pre-requisite. I can also manually start the pump in service mode. So the pump runs and responds to some signals, but not others. Can you tell me what might be causing this?
Regards,
Michael Demers
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 3 days by:
4/15/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer
Hi Michael,This could be due to a software fault with the Intellitouch, if some signals are being sent ok.First, try updating the firmware: http://www.pentairpool.com/support/control-systems-firmware-updates.htmlLet me know if that works?
Pete,
this is not useful to me as I do not have a P&E Micro flash programmer to flash the circuit board on the Intellitouch. That said, I fixed this myself by contacting Pentair support. It turns out the custom speed for my intelliflow for filtration/pool had got erased from the controller, somehow. Resetting this fixed the issue.
Ok, glad to hear you got it sorted.This type of problem will always be down to software or programming.Have a great weekend!Pete.