Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a 2004 dimension one sojour. The jet 2 suddenly is not

Customer Question

I have a 2004 dimension one sojour. The jet 2 suddenly is not clicking on. Could it be a fuse?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The spa works great...heating etc...lights work...just the jets 2 button. Now does not go on and no jets working because of it on half the spa.
JA: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Pool Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No go for it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.
Most spas do not have fuses for pumps, some do but I would open the cabinet up turn off breaker until you get the control box open to expose the circuit board. On the board there are relay's that control power to the appointed item ie. pumps, heater, light's etc. You need to look for any burn marks or damage on the board. From there turn on the breaker and let spa boot up, then test voltage at the point where the power comes out of the circuit board and goes out to pump 2. If you have voltage there test for voltage at the back of the pump motor, if no voltage there the pump cord is bad, if there is voltage there then the pump is bad. Now if you have no voltage out of the board down to pump then it is most likely a bad relay on board, but since you can not replace relays as they are part of the soldered units you would need to replace board. Look on the board schematic on the back of the cover to control box and it will tell you where all the fuses are located and if there is one for the pumps.