poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Pentair Mastertemp 400 comes on automatically and will not

Customer Question

Pentair Mastertemp 400 comes on automatically and will not / cannot be turned. The heater does not ignite
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Have Replaced controlled panel, still not working correctly
JA: Anything else I can tell the Pool Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: thats about it
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Pool Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Luke , I will assist you with that.You said " comes on automatically and will not ??/ cannot be turned.??? The heater does not ignite Need better details...
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Is there a ERROR CODE ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is not an error code and the Service Needed is not on
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
I need more information Is green “POOL” or “SPA” LED “on”?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the LED lights are not on. If I turn/off the Spa or Pool the lights come on and go off, but the unit stays on. I do not hear the ignitor click on either
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Turn off power to heater for about 5 seconds, and turn back on. Make sure temperature setting is above water temperature. Wait one minute. Do any diagnostic LED’s on back of board (AGS, AFS, SFS, HLS, PS, or THERMISTOR) come “on” and stay on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The heater does not come on at all now. The spa / pool light comes on when selected. The Service Heater LED light is on. The AFS light is on too.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
OK thats better info, let me check....
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Here is the manual that will help you proceed in diagnosticGo to page 43 and start at AFS light onhttp://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/MasterTempOM.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, now The Service Heater light is still on but the AFS light is not on anymore. The heater (fan) still comes auromatically, and still cannot be turned off. Still cannot get heater to ignite
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 year ago.
Now do a reset by shutting power off the on .Now try page 42