How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Fix my Pool and Spa Your Own Question
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Category: Pool and Spa
Satisfied Customers: 1090
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
Type Your Pool and Spa Question Here...
Fix my Pool and Spa is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am selling my home in los angeles county. My pool

Customer Question

I am selling my home in los angeles county. My pool equipment is perfectly functional and installed according to codes in 2003 when it was built. Am I required to make changes to meet 2016 codes? I did not have do that for my previous home. Please advise. I think someone is trying to pull a fast one on me
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

Every states laws are different. In New Jersey as long as the pool was installed to codes when it was built and all permits were pulled then the seller has no obligation to make repairs (consult your attorney for legal advise)or meet any new codes as long as they are not renovating pool. Once you start a repair project then yes you must meet current code requirements but if all is working the seller should not have to update the pool, that would be on the buyers to do if desired or needed. Again you need to talk to your attorney in California as no REALTOR is allowed to give legal advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a pool expert with knowledge of California pool codes? My pool was built with necessary permits. You can't build a pool in LA County without permits and geological survey/inspections and recommendations. Everything was done to code in 2003.
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out so another pool expert in that region can help. I would suggest you post your question to the lawyer section of Just Answer but ask for a Real Estate Lawyer

Related Pool and Spa Questions