Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

We have replaced the above ground plumbing, fixed the air…

Customer Question
We have replaced the above...
We have replaced the above ground plumbing, fixed the air leak, and now we can start the pump, primes great, the filter fills up and the water returns to pool at a good rate. After a minute the water returning to the pool completely stops, I've never experienced this before, what did we do wrong?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
My phone number is(###) ###-####...I need to talk now, not a day later as I will be at work...
3/7/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 2 years ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

Quick question? You state the filter fills up completely, what is the pressure on the filter reading when the returns stop flowing? If it is 20 psi or higher the filter internals are getting clogged and you need to pull out the internals of the filter and soak them in a cleaning solution which you can pick up at any local pool center. Even if the filter looks clean it can have dirt that you can not see clogging it.

Just pick up some filter clean and soak the internals in a garbage can overnight and you should be fine.