Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have this element baptismal, Element, Baptismal Heater 6kw…

Customer Question
I have this element for...
I have this element for my baptismal, Element, Baptismal Heater 6kw (6ehl3000). The thermostat burned up that was on the heater. I wanted to know if there was any way that I could rebuild it or if there was a replacement that I can use that are less expensive?
http://www.inyopools.com/Products/07501352015998.htm
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
3/6/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 2 years ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

I will look to see if I can find a replacement thermostat only for that unit and get back to you.

I'm trying to find something that will work that's not so expensive

Here is a link to the parts that you need. Look at page two to see your heater, then you will see the replacement Hi-Limit sensor and Thermostat, just replace the thermostat if the heater is good. 9523-11 is the Thermostat # ***** 9523-12 is the Hi-Limit.

http://info.imperialpools.com/distribution/catalog/docs/parts-catalog/sec-h.pdf

Is there any way I can put a new thermostat on the old element?
Can I use a regular water heater element and thermostat and hook wires to it

You can just replace the thermostat on the old element. The heater element,thermostat and high-limit are three separate units.

It is always recommended to replace parts with exact replacements when available as some parts will not work with others.

I never saw it sold separately

Here is a link for the thermostat https://optimusparts.com/products/item/6143f46e-2e6a-4477-a02a-afc0312e6ff9

Here is the High Limit https://optimusparts.com/products/item/b1a2b9aa-4865-484c-911d-65549a82ecdc

You can buy them separately and replace the bad ones.

Is there anything else that goes in it besides these two?
This place only sale to companies that do pool repair. Do you know of another company that has these items?

The only things inside that heater housing are these two parts the heater and thermostat knob, with wiring.

Try this one

http://www.poolandspapartsdepot.com/baptistry-heaters-high-limit-1-4-bulb-6-capillary-9523-12/

And here is thermostat

http://www.poolandspapartsnow.com/baptistry-heaters-thermostat-1-4-6-capillary-extra-long-bulb-6-9523-11/

Will this work?http://www.spapartsguy.com/275-2950-00-spa-thermostat-5-16-diameter-6-capillary-length-2-5-bulb-by-eaton-mears/http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Thermostat-14-Bulb-36-Capillary-P821C702.aspx?zmam=55673001&zmas=1&zmac=4&zmap=BX9918
Can you tell me anything about this heater. I found this at a discounted price because it is old stock. It is almost cheaper to buy this whole heater than the parts I need to fix the other one. VULCAN STX060U Spa/Hot Tub Heater,Thermostat,11-1/2 In

The main thing to note when it comes to thermostats is the capillary length and width. The capillary is the end of the copper probe if it is the same diameter and length then you are fine. If you buy the complete heater everything will be new. Just a thought.

I purchased the following heater to hook to my baptismal. Can you help me with the wiring. It has a black and red wire to the thermostat, to black wires to the LED light and a red and black coming from the element. I am wiring it to one of those disconnect boxes.VULCAN STX060U #8 Spa/Hot Tub Heater,Thermostat
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/145/93/9366d481-aacc-4686-9802-8c2e8ffdd739_145.jpghttp://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/XOYAAOSwX~dWp5GX/s-l1600.jpg

It has been so long since I had to rewire one of these I do not know if I can remember. Send me a picture of the inside of the grey box so I can see what you see.

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Just checking to see if you got the photo I sent.