Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

Caldera Spa Elation model Hot tub not heating. Have replaced…

Customer Question
Caldera Spa Elation model Hot tub...
Caldera Spa Elation model
Hot tub not heating.
Have replaced the original relays on heater relay board and it worked temporarily then stopped again so replaced the entire heater relay board with the newer non discontinued board.
Still not heating, we followed the instructions to jumper the pressure switch.
Upon powering back up the HTR ON light does come on for about 12 seconds and then there is a click and the light goes back out.
Jets work fine.
Tried running temporarily without a filter and even plunged through filter to make sure there wasn't something caught in there based on recommendation from a different web site.
Any ideas?
Thank you so much in advance!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
3/8/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Technician

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

please.
Any help would be appreciated.
Do I need to retype the question and things that we've already tried?

so if you start unit...circ pump runs as it should?

did jumping pressure switch change how it ran at all?

When I start it up I can see and hear the circ pump running. The heater box vibrates as well making me think water is running through it. I doubted the heater was bad because the "HTR ON" light does light up initially but turns off after about12 seconds every time I do a start up.

And the pressure switch..if you start unit...THEN jump switch...does the heater light remain on?

No. Before I jumpered pressure switch the HTR ON light did not come on at all. After I jumpered the pressure switch and restarted the light comes on but only for 10 to 12 seconds then goes back off and tub never heard.
Never heated
If I jumped the pressure switch after start up I get no light on HTR ON. LIM OK light comes on and stays on.
LIM OK light is on no matter if it's jumpered or plugged in regularly.
Any ideas?