Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My control unplugged light is on and 4 dashes are on the…

Customer Question
My control unplugged light...

My control unplugged light is on and 4 dashes are on the control panel.. I have checked the circulation pump and it's running. I have undone hoses on both sides to allow trapped air to escape.. there is no filter in the spa.. and when I shut down the breakers aND turn then back on it just does the same thing the 4 dashes. With the control unplugged light now.. I was reading a post that you were working on not sure if you ever figured out what it was. Thanks

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The spa was shut down for like 3 years and I decided to get it back going, everything was working at the time I shut it down but now the 4 dash keep showing on the control board.. it did run for like 5 min after I reset it once but since then I have been unable to get the 4 dashes to stop blinking

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
2/29/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 2 years ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

This can be a hard one to diagnose as it could be one of several issues, in most cases the 4 dashes means watchdog. This is most likely because the two sensors (high limit, Thermostat) are out of sync. I would remove and replace both sensors and try to restart spa, if this does not work then we might have to think about the circuit board. The high limit sensor is usually located on the heater housing and the thermostat is usually near the filter box. Open the control box to expose the circuit board be sure power is OFF and find on the top of the circuit board where the sensors plug in and trace the wires back to the sensors and replace.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.. I would have assumed you would have had me do a little trouble shooting to figure out what the problem was.. it ended up being the ribbon cable between the control board and the main board..
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition