Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My name is ***** *****. My pool indoor control pad is dead.

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. My pool indoor control pad is dead. I changed the 9 volt battery at the control panel but still dead. All breakers checked and ok. Is there a fuse somewhere to check? Its a Shasta pool system; 2006.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Controls on panel do not work. Indoor control panel shows blank screen.Jandy type 3 R RSSerjes Controler

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
2/28/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 2 years ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ........Can you tell me what precipitated this shut down.......was it a power outage?.........I just have one thing for you to try right now .......... I would like for you to do a hard reset..........so go to the breaker and shut the switch ALL THE WAY to the OFF position then remove the 9 volt battery........go back to the breaker and put it back ON........replace the battery ...............then look to where your filter is plugged in ..........it probably is in a GFCI outlet .......there should be a red button on it ......if you could press that also ............and maybe you can write back and let me know what occurred precisely

Thanks

eddie

As far as I know nothing precipitated the problem. No power outages or surges. Yes, I have flipped the breakers on and off, replaced the battery, and tested the GFCI outlet. Still dead.

so you know for sure you are getting power to the GFCI ............and you did plug something else into it?

GFCI outlet has power. Plugged in a drill and it is working for sure.

I wanted to try and get you to a trouble shooting point as to where it checks .......... so now I will opt out and turn it over to one of my colleagues who might have a better idea on the Shasta control panel ...........I didn't ask to be rated and I don't know why my box is checked on that but you can just ignore that .............good luck to you

eddie