Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My grandee hot spring spa controls are locked hot do i get…

Customer Question
Hi my grandee hot...

Hi my grandee hot spring spa controls are locked hot do i get it unlocked

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The spa is running temp is up I can turn jets on and off but music and lights are locked off

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
2/27/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist you with your spa.

I'm not sure if your spa control panel is in the "Lock" mode, or there is some other problem with it. When the control is in the lock mode, if any button is pressed, the control panel will display the lock symbol and the word SPA for 30 seconds, then turn off. No functions will work.

Since you did not mention the year of your spa, I will give you instructions for a 2005 Grandee. You could try it to see if it will work for your spa:

Press the LIGHT minus(-) and the TEMP minus (-) buttons at the same time and hold them down until the word SPA and the lock symbol are no longer shown on the display. If this fails to unlock it, give me the year and serial # ***** your spa, in case the sequence is slightly different. Let me know what you find. Thank you