Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My Cal Spa 2100 control panel initially starts up normally…

Customer Question
My Cal Spa 2100...

My Cal Spa 2100 control panel initially starts up normally then shuts off and numbers flash on the control panel. 10-00-20-100. None of the buttons work after that.

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes pool issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Pool Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

We haven't used the spa in a while, and I tried to use it and the control panel was blank, and there was humming in the background, like a recirculating motor was running. We turned the power off for a day and when I turned it on the spa worked normally for about 10 minutes and shut down

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 1 day by:
2/28/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition replied 2 years ago
Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition

Unfortunately you will need to replace the circuit board as it is showing communication codes and you should not see them. Replace board.

It turns out that it was not the control panel. It was the top control panel that needed replacing

I find that unusual as the topside control reads the codes that the circuit board sends out. I am glad that you got it fixed though. Thanks for the update for future reference.