Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a Steamist SM79 steam shower. S/N S79 38862. My

Customer Question
I have a Steamist SM79...
I have a Steamist SM79 steam shower. S/N S79 38862. My ceramic tile was leaking and we had to relocate the drain and retile the floor and lower wall tiles. We cannot get the steam fixture loose to get the new tile in place. We removed a set screw, but all that did was loosen the "collar" between the wall tile and the hexagonal shaped steam outlet. We need to remove the hexagonal piece from the copper water line in order to get the new tile in place. What's the trick?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
2/24/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Rick, General Contractor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need to pop the front cover off. the bottom of the cover snaps into place so pull/pry the cover out fro the bottom them p and off. Once the cover is off you have to back the nozzle off of the copper pipe adapter. there's a 3/8" hex socket in the front of the nozzle for this purpose. Once the nozzle is off the back plate should come off easily but some caulking might need to be cut away between the back plate and the wall. Here's a link to the plumbing install instructions (page 2) so you can see what I mean.

http://steamist.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/218-J_Plumbing_SM-46_SM-79.pdf