Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

Jacuzzi j315. 2007. Use daily. / use chlorine. Had corroded

Customer Question

Jacuzzi j315. 2007. Use daily. / use chlorine. Had corroded nipple enter heater near circ pump. Found out by spa empty. Fixed nipple. Refilled spa. Fl-1 error. Trouble shooting found circ pump to have failed. Put in a new one. Filled spa. Fl-1. Followed instructions and figured flow switch bad. Put in. New flo switch. Filled spa.. Spa turned on. Spa heater turned on for about 45 seconds... ICE displayed. Figured flow switch stuck. Nope.. Seems to be free... Flow switch installed correctly. Unplugged sensor wires at control board. Killed power for 30 minutes. Same problem but now only flash fl-1. No air lock. Pumps are functioning properly, no heat. If I by pass flow sensor heater turns on until it taps out OH. At my wits end.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

This is very puzzling? As for the ICE code that is normal, when you first turn on the hot tub and the current water temp in the spa is at or below 40 degrees you will see ICE on the topside once water temp rises above 40 degrees you will see cool displayed this will stay there until the water temp rises to within 20 degrees of the set temperature. The Fl1 FLASHING is almost always a flow issue either with the filters being dirty or clogged or the pump not having water flowing through it or enough water to allow flow switch to close.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I'm not clogged. Filters are new. All jets function. Waterfall functions. Water is 55 degrees. It's not air locked. It's not water flow. Pumps function beautifully

OK well if all else is checking out great then you have a bad circuit board. Check the pins on the circuit board where the flow switch plugs in I have seen the tiny copper pins bend and that will cause FL1. Otherwise replace board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't feel you have given me a reply I did not already check. I am a licensed electrician. I had already checked the pin connections as I explained to you on first message. My circuit board is functioning as it should. I tested the board with each function and it seems to be fine. Maybe my new flow switch is bad. I hate to change a board for no reason. How do you determine that the board has failed other than testing each equipment function