Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My name is ***** *****, the issue has to do with a 1998

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****, the issue has to do with a 1998 Sundance Spa 850. my air blower didnt work. i started to un-do the shoe clamps around it and then it came on. Note: the switch on the panel is not on the air switch is off. so i figured it was where wrong so i turned on the air pump. and got nothing but the air pump is stuck wide open and won't go off. I disconnected it from the circuit board till i figure it out. what do you think the issue is

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Nope i pretty much described it in my last message

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
2/2/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be glad to assist with your spa.

At the terminals on the board, where the blower connects to, measure across both terminals with a volt meter. Are you reading line voltage, (either 240 or 120 volts, depending on the rating of the blower motor) ?

If the switch for the Air Blower on the top side control is off, and you are getting line voltage at the terminals for the blower on the circuit board, you have a stuck relay. You might try shutting power to the spa, disconnect the plug for the top side control, and carefully clean the pins at the board connection. Then plug in the top side control and power the spa on. If the blower still runs with the switch on the topside control "Off", you will then need to replace the board.

Please post your findings here, at your convenience. Thank you.

Hi:

Just checking back to see if the info I sent was helpful?

Please let me know. Thank you.