Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

My name is ***** ***** and i am in europe and i am wondering…

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is ***** ***** and i am in europe and i am wondering about the wiring of my spa which has a balboa board

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes I see I have to connect white - red - black and we have other color coding so i wonder what is red and black - 2 hot wires

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
hello i am back
1/24/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
garrygoeson
garrygoeson, Home Appliance Technician

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be happy to assist you with you spa.

In the U.S.A., red and black are both hot wires and white is neutral. So if you touch each probe of a volt meter to the red and black wire, you will read 240 volts AC. If you touch one probe to white and the other probe to black you will read 120 volts AC. Same if you touch one probe to red and the other probe to white, you will read 120 volts AC.

I'm not sure how that compares to the voltage in Europe.

Please let me know if this is the info you need? Thank you.

I got that but in Europe we have 220V between Line and Neutral. So how do I connect this to red - black - white? Should I connect that to red and black and leave white unconnected?