Pool and Spa

Questions about pool repair? Ask an Expert online.

I have a baja spa and every time my power goes off the flc…

Customer Question
I have a baja spa...
I have a baja spa and every time my power goes off the flc notice comes on and it stops heating. I have tried turning the power off and on again for extended periods of time but it doesn't work. The only way I've found to reset it is to completely empty it refill it and turn power back on and that works?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Pool and Spa
Answered in 2 days by:
1/25/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Billy, Technician replied 2 years ago
Billy
Billy, Technician

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying. Once again use reply..not "rate".

We still need help. Every time we have a power outage the flc notice appears on the control panel and it stops heating the jacuzzi. The jets work but no heat. If I empty the tub and then refill it it resets and the notice flc goes away. This is a pain and there must be an alternative method.

Does the unit use a pressure switch to detect flow or a paddle flow switch?

Power shutting down should not result in a flow code...UNLESS the circulator motor is not running or there is a air pocket.

When this occurs...jump the flow switch within 5 seconds and tell me if the flc code goes away or remains.

Have no idea what type of switch it uses. I can't even find any switches! I guess I need to remove the panels on the side of the tub to locate them???

correct, we would need to remove service panel to expose motor and controls