poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Lifesmart Bermuda hot tub is having some problems.

Customer Question

I'm Kimmie and we have a Lifesmart Bermuda Hot Tub. It is new and worked for about 4 days. The GFI has not tripped and it has power but the jets, light and temp control on the display don't do anything if pressed. It was displaying 90 degrees and the heater symbol but after turning off power in an attempt to reset the controls the display is blank (but lit). Customer Support isn't available until Monday between 8-5. I'm afraid it will freeze.

The display with all the controls to the tub isn't working. there are only 4 buttons Jets, Light, Temp Up and Temp Down.  We just shut it off for about 3 minutes and it came back on but the same thing happened last night and it shut off again. The pump is on and it says its heating but I will let you know how long it stays on and what happens and maybe you'll have a suggestion.

Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We opened up the cover to the control and soon afterward we got a message of 219 then shortly afterward r 2. 20 minutes later the display went to 8888 and then after a few minutes it went to LL 1. Then everything came on and ran normally for 15 minutes. As long as we leave the control panel cover off it repeats this scenario with running for 15 minutes then turns off and goes to 219, r2, 8888, LL1 (process takes about 10 minutes) then it comes back on.

The temperature drops quickly about 2 degrees every cycle. Of course it is extremely cold here about 14 degrees last night so if the heater isn't on it would cool down quickly. The strange thing is that everything worked perfectly for about 5 days after the initial fill got to temperature. It keeps power to the display and the back light stays on so it is not tripping the circuit. Customer Service will be open tomorrow at 8. we were hoping to resolve something through your service before then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

None of the codes we are getting are listed in the book for troubleshooting. It may have something to do with the fact that when we removed the access panel the unit starting displaying the codes.

The code for the compartment overheating is AOH and it never displayed that. Could something inside be over heating? It has a 110 plug and play design.

Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

All of those codes you're getting are indicative of a circuit board problem unfortunately. The 8888 means no communication with the topside controller, which would also be why nothing was displaying on it. As long as it keeps coming on and at least running, it won't freeze up, if the heater is coming on then that will help also. Whoever you bought it from is going to have to most likely replace the control pack for you.

In the meantime, depending on the brand of spa, if you have enough room inside the spa cabinet down below, I always put a small electric ceramic heater down in the cabinet, close the cabinet back up and leave it run like that. It will keep everything warm inside and keep it from freezing. You may have to remove another one of the spa sides other than right where the control panel is to locate enough room to place a heater inside.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate the e-mail back. I'm have a call in to the Warranty people ,the spa has only been used one week. Probably nothing you could have done to help.
Expert:  poolguy810 replied 1 year ago.

No unfortunately not, when it's a circuit board, all you can do is replace it. Have a great night.

Thank you for using Just Answer.