Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

Hot tub has been just sitting with water in it a yr. with no

Customer Question

Hot tub has been just sitting with water in it for about a yr. with no use, but no added chemicals either. We want to start up use again-should we drain and try to treat ourselves or get a professional pool guy out?? Slight mold has collected on the underside of pool cover..About 9 yr. old, but never used more than 20 times total.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

You will need to get a solution to PURGE out the plumbing lines we use a product called Aquafinesse and they have a tablet that you put in the water and run the spa for 24 hrs then you need to drain the entire spa clean the surface good and refill with fresh water. As for the cover a solution of 3 parts water and 1 part bleach will clean the underside of the cover and get rid of the mold. Here is a link to the product you need.

http://www.hottubwarehouse.com/aquafinesse-spa-clean-tablet?gclid=CjwKEAiAzuK0BRCW4tiLpJT-8TISJADV8cw9Ot5LI_gQ_B8dOLcoKkf8qbW9uDJkAa7TIx4EpSYCYRoCLQXw_wcB