Pool and Spa

Questions about Pool Repair? Ask an Expert Online.

Pool and Spa

The 2stage pump comes on an buzz noise but no jets work the

Customer Question
bubble jets work but not...
The 2stage pump comes on an buzz noise but no jets work the bubble jets work but not the 2stage pump doesnot
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Pool and Spa
1/7/2016
Pool and Spa Expert: Jerry, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jerry, Technician

Can you give me more information? What product do you have. Does the 1st stage of this pump work ok?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It comes on but just clicks on an off no jets on hi and low work it is a Bali Sweetwater spa the pump says spa marvels

Its hard for me to tell what it is doing by your description. However, if the pump itself does not come on in either hi or low speed but does buzz or humm when turned on, then it either has something stuck in the impellor and wont turn, or there may be a start capacitor in the pump that has broken. Either way you will need to pull the the pump to check it out. I do not know your mechanical ability but if you have a multi meter and other tools, I can help you trouble shoot the pump.

If the pump is not humming at all but you simply have a click on the control board, then your pump may have become disconnected from the board or unplugged, since that indicates there is no power getting to the motor. It sounds like you may have to have the system looked at by a spa tech.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Jerry, Technician