Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

How to prime a 3 pump master spa hot tub. I get a PR error

Customer Question

how to prime a 3 pump master spa hot tub. I get a PR error (prime warning) after a DR error (Not enough water in heater). I have loosened all nuts and allowed some water to drain off. Have loosened the drain plugs on pumps. all this to no avail. Ideas please.
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My system is a MasterSpa CapeCod SE 3 pump system with Balboa controls. I just replaced heater, sensors and circuit board. When I start up I get PR (Prime) error and DR (Heater does not have enough water. I need the correct procedure for priming this system. I have tried loosening nuts at the pumps and the drain plugs. There must be a simpler and better way. I paid via Paypal ($38) last nite and haven't heard anything via email. My email is***@******.***. Its getting cold at night here and I want to get this thing up and running before anything freezed. Thank You
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

You sound like you are doing all the correct things but you may just have a clogged or bad pump that is feeding the water through the heater. I know it says DR this is dry but it can get that error for even just a slower volume of water so you may need to remove the pump that feeds the heater and remove the front volute and check the impeller for clogs. If the pump turns on but water will not flow through it you may need to replace the pump and or inspect impeller and motor for damage. The PR error is normal at start up but not the DR. Also try running a garden house down the filter area to try and force water through the system to push any air.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried all that. Now I get errors: pr(prime), Dr (dry heater) and SnS (unbalanced sensors) the sensors are new.