poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

Sundance 1999 Montego Spa.
, Problem: Spa pump #1 is a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Sundance 1999 Montego Spa.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Problem: Spa pump #1 is a two speed pump. Press control to go to low speed, hear a "click", but no pump run. Press again to go to high speed, pump runs on high. Switched Black (low speed) and Red (high speed) wires from control board. When I press control for pump #1 oncw, I hear a click and nothing else. When I press again to go to high speed, the motor runs in low speed. This seems to indicate board problem? Please let me know what you think? I have removed the board and replaced relay K5. This relay seems to send power to Black wire (low speed). Maybe I changed the wrong relay? When you press control for low speed pump #1, there is no voltage across white/black wires. When I press control again to go to high speed pump function, I get 240v across white/red wires. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait. thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  garrygoeson replied 1 year ago.

Hi:

My name is Garry. I'll be happy to to let you know my thoughts about your spa problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks

Before I go further, I want to ask you if you checked the programming to see if it is set for the filter cycle? Having it in this cycle will activate the low speed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is set properly for filter cycling which activates low speed pump #1
As I said, Press control to go to low speed, hear a "click", but no pump run. Press again to go to high speed, pump runs on high. Switched Black Wire (low speed) and Red Wire (high speed) wires from control board (TB1 connector block on board for pump #1). After switching wires, When I press control for pump #1 once, I hear a click and nothing else. When I press again to go to "high speed", the motor runs in low speed. This seems to indicate board problem? (Volatage out on High, No voltage out on low) Please let me know what you think? I have removed the board and replaced relay K5. This relay seems to send power to Black wire (low speed on TB1 connector block). Maybe I changed the wrong relay? Before and after relay change, When you press control for low speed pump #1, there is no voltage across white/black wires. When I press control again to go to high speed pump function, I get 240v across white/red wires. I think there should be 240v voltage across white/black when asking for low speed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To more completely answer your question...whether the filter cycle is coming on asking for low speed pump #1 or I activate the control for low speed pump #1 function...nothing happens. There is no voltage across white/black wires for low speed fuction.

This is the same way I would have checked this too. If you are not getting voltage to the black and white wires on the terminal black, there is a problem with the board.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am very well aware of that.
I am looking for help...........

The "normal" procedure for repairing this is to replace the board. As a Technician with 30 plus years in the field I have never replaced components on the board . This is done by engineers that rebuild boards. Because of this, I can't tell you what relay is used for the low speed portion of the motor. I do commend you for attempting this however!

All the technicians I know of will only replace the board, but if you like, I will opt out, so your question can be placed back in line in the hopes there is a technician who has replaced components on the board and may know which relay it is?

Please understand you will not be charged for this until you get a satisfactory answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your efforts. Thanks for not charging me.
I would have hoped that when I typed a very detailed analysis last night that someone would have said...sorry, we can't help vs being asked to pay.
No skin off my back other than time...so no harm no foul.Have a great day!!
Happy New Year.
greg

Ok Thank you for your understanding. Unfortunately. the person who took your information is an administrator for Just Answer, and is not an expert for this category. Your payment is just made as a deposit and is not charged to you unless you accept the answer as a positive rating.

So I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience to you.

I wish you a Very Happy New Year too!!

Best Wishes

Garry