Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

My name is ***** *****. I think that my Jandy ji2000 pcb

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I think that my Jandy ji2000 pcb board is dead and I have freezing temps coming. Is there a way to bypass the control so that the pump runs all the time?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What kind of details? My pump has not worked in a while and it failed after I had trouble with the toggle switches and I used wd-40 on it and that worked, but then it stopped and has not turned on again.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, give me a minute
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

this depends...does the pump have power to it but is off on thermal or does the pump lose power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We should assume that the power is on and that i can provide power to the pump. The pump is brand new and has no problems. I am attaching a picture of my system. As you should be able to see I have 2 timers on the right and the toggle switches for the pump and cleaner on the left. Those switches are connected to a circuit board. That board I feel is no longer working (shorted out). What I need to know is how do I rewire the system so that I bypass the circuit board and connect the timer to the pump. I can see the power and ground wire that leads to the board, but I would like to know how I can redirect around the board.