poolguy810
poolguy810, owner - pool and spa service company
Experience:  Servicing pools and all brands of spas for over 28 years.
32482502

I have a Sundance ***** ***** spa (2007 Model year). Had

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Sundance ***** ***** spa (2007 Model year). Had been working great but got FLI flashing error and I already confirmed it is not clogged filter issue or Airlock issue. I figure it is a Flow switch problem or circ pump issue. Seems like circa pump is not running but I am trying to figure out best way to isolate to root cause of problem, i.e. bad pump, no power to pump (I am an engineer so I can check that) bad flow switch etc. Finding diagram to be sure I know flow pump and flow switch would help. Any suggestions appreciated
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The details provided above are about it other than the other pumps do seem to run fine when I turn them on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: If information you give me is helpful in isolating the problem I would have no issue paying $18 fee (but only if helpful in isolating and resolving the issue
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

That is pretty easy. I would start by testing voltage at the back of the circulation pump feeding water through heater and verify 220 volts, if power is there then pump is bad and replace. If pump is flowing water through heater then it is flow switch test by finding the flow switch next to the heater and follow wires back to circuit board and find where the wire plugs into board, jump across the wires or pins to make board think the switch closed if heater indicator light goes on for heat then flow switch is bad and replace.