Fix my Pool and Spa
Fix my Pool and Spa, Owner / Technition
Experience:  Over 24 years in pool and spa service and construction
30729442

I have a Teledyne oil pool heater that I need to replace -

Customer Question

Customer: hi - I have a Teledyne oil pool heater that I need to replace - where can I find a used one since they discontinued making them or is there another brand I cold buy?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to replace my Teledyne laars oil pool heater - where can I find one used or new?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Fix my Pool and Spa replied 1 year ago.

You probably will not find that heater anymore. You need to verify the BTU of your old heater to make sure you get the same size replacement. Here is just one of the places you can buy a new oil fired heater but be prepared they are expensive.

http://bostonheatingsupply.com/thermo-dynamics.aspx

Here is one from Laars. the newest version.

https://www.aquapoolstore.com/heaters/Laars-Jandy-XL3-Oil-Pool-Heater.htm

Just make sure you know the sizing of your old one.