Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a beachcomber hot tub with a leak I feel like I am

Customer Question

Customer: hello. I have a beachcomber hot tub with a leak I feel like I am loosing Gallons of water per day. losing*
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I recently purchased this used hot tub. In great visual condition, and seemed to be well kept. Owner said it had a small leak somewhere. He had it outside on a deck. When i got the tub, I put it on our screened porch with concrete floor. I hooked up all of the pumps and filled the tub The pump seals were leaking, so I replaced all of them. they no longer leak at all. The tub continued to leak. Again, very visible because it is on concrete floor. it leaks when tub is not running, so it is not a pressure thing. I ran Fix A Leak through it for 8 hours. Drained it, and let it sit for 3 days then refilled. had no leaks with the tub filled for about 4-6 hours, then it started to leak again, and seemed to get worse. I woke up the next day and the whole porch was covered in water.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Pool and Spa Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

this is a very invasive project...complete drain and removal..cut out insulation, locate leak and repair...reinsulate.

Will you be attempting this yourself?