Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber
Experience:  i have been doing plumbing work for 20 years with alot of experience in service work
64367226

My son has a Sumatran model n hot tub which came when he

Customer Question

My son has a Sumatran model n hot tub which came when he bought his house. I replaced the transformer and got it running. But it does not heat up
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. If you have a multi-meter, will you test for voltage on the heater when the heater light comes on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not bat the location but I can be tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a multimeter
Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

If the heater light comes on and there is not voltage to the heater then the control board needs to be replaced. If there is voltage then test the continuity on the element of the heater. If no continuity then the heater element is bad.

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?

Expert:  Mike R. replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to test with the meter?