Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I have a problem similar to the one someone asked you about

Customer Question

Hi, I have a problem similar to the one someone asked you about three years ago. I have a Jandy Aqualink RS All Button Control Panel and what seems to be an old Raypak Classic Pool Heatpump. The heatpump works fine in manual mode, but not in remote mode - though once in manual mode it takes temp readings and settings from the Jandy Aqualink.
Category: Pool and Spa
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

so all function and operation works on board...but the temps set and achieved are set points on the remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not understand your question, so I will try to be clearer about the problem.1. The Raypac pool/spa heater does not operate in the automatic mode when the switch on the pool/spa heater is in the Remote/Off position (as opposed to the Pool or Spa positions) with the Jandy Aqualink RS All Button pool control system, but all other pool systems worked fine with the Jandy Aqualink RS All Button pool control system.2. The Raypac pool/spa heater does operate in the manual mode when the switch on the pool/spa heater is in the Pool or Spa positions (as opposed to the Remote/Off position) and it communicates with the Jandy Aqualink RS system in the manual mode as evidenced by the pool/spa heater taking commands from the Jandy Aqualink RS pool and spa temperature settings. However, the Raypac pool/spa heater is stuck in the compressor delay mode unless the delay timer switch on the Raypak control board is set to the lowest setting (0.3 seconds).3. The above seems to point to a major power surge in the pool equipment area which may have damage control boards or switches on both the Jandy Aqualink main box and the Raypak pool/spa heater.Do you understand the issue now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have not answered my question.