Billy
Billy, Technician
Experience:  Licensed in Hydronics and Boilers
12672042

I've got an Artesian (2004?) Onyx Gold spa. The overlay on

Customer Question

I've got an Artesian (2004?) Onyx Gold spa. The overlay on the top side controller is cracked which would allow water into the buttons, possibly. I recently purchased the house and it came with this spa. I filled it up with water and got it working... voila! Used it for 2 days and worked great. The third day I had the kids in there and they were splashing ALOT. I imagine the topside panel got wet and possibly water got down underneath the buttons as now the panel is doing strange things. It is telling me it is locked "LOCP or LOCF" but I'm unable to lock it. It also is changing from celcius to fahrenheit and back. It was working GREAT the first two nights; all buttons worked. I've turned off power to the tub for 30 min, turned it back on, same problem. Any ideas on getting this fixed?
Category: Pool and Spa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm unable to turn on lights or any of the pumps or adjust temp. Ugh!
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

hello you prepared to replace some parts? Remove bezel and dry out the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah im prepared to replace parts, no prob. I've already ordered a new overlay, and actually got this fixed before you answered today. I took apart the topside controller. Interesting gel they use inside those things to keep electronics dry. At any rate, water got down inside underneath two of the buttons. I cleaned it out, dried it off, and my wife and kids are in hot tub now as we speak! Thanks for your response though.
Expert:  Billy replied 1 year ago.

well you are much more proactive than most!

Congrats and thanks for the response. I call that gel icky pick.....